This documentation refers to a legacy version of a Centrix feature. We discourage the use of this feature unless you are facing issues with the updated functionality. If you are facing issues, please let us know as soon as you can by e-mailing email@example.com.
The Sites listing is where the sites in your group can be added and edited. This section also provides access to all the actions that can be performed on sites.
The sites listing provides a table containing all the sites that are assigned to your user group. You will only see the sites that have been assigned to a group that you are a member of.
Actions - provides access to all the actions & navigation that can be performed on the site (e.g. Edit, Browse, Design...)
Name - the name of the site which will match the configured site name on the corresponding logger.
Code - a unique short reference code for the site (for reference use only).
Control Area - the local control area this site belongs to.
OS Grid Ref - grid reference that can be used to locate the site on a map.
Time Zone - the time zone the Site is located in (or data should be reported in).
Group(s) - the group(s) the Site belongs to (site admins can click the group name to obtain the group's details).
The Actions column provides a drop-down menu for each site that allows you to perform certain actions on the Site;
Edit Site - shows the edit site form allowing editing of site fields and corresponding loggers.
Browse Map - loads the Playback tab for this site (defaults time to the current time).
Design Map - loads the Map Designer allowing the site map to be edited.
Alerts - loads the Alerts tab for this site.
Triggered Captures - loads the Captures tab for this site.
Download Events - instructs the diallers to contact the site and pull the latest data (applies to dialled loggers only).
Adding a Site
- Click the add button in the bottom-left of the screen
- Enter the details for the site;
- Name (required) - name of the site (must match the configured site name on logger)
- Code (required) - unique short code for the site (usually 4 characters)
- Control Area - local control area the site belongs to
- OS Grid Ref - grid reference for site to locate on map
- Postcode - post code of the site for sat nav
- Time Zone - the reporting time zone for the site
- Group(s) (required) - the user group(s) this site should belong to
- Eng's Details - contacts details of the engineer responsible for this site/logger
- Follow steps below for Adding a Dialled Logger to a Site (if required - do nothing for MIMOSA logger sites)
- Click OK.
- The site should now appear in the Site Listing
(SA380 Dialed Sites Only)
The value entered for the site name MUST match the name as it appears on the logger. For an SA380 logger, this will be the file name of the DIP file that was put on the logger during configuration. If you are unsure of the name then simply enter an appropriate name and contact your vendor to update the correct value.
Adding a Dialled Logger to a Site
- Click the Actions menu on the site you want to add the logger to
- Select Edit Site action
- Click the Add Logger button (top right of the dialog box)
- Enter the details for the logger;
- Logger Type (required) - the type of logger you want to add (usually SA380)
- Enabled - check box to enable/disable the logger in the system
- Logger Name (required) - the name of the logger (this does not have to match the site name and is not used in any validation)
- Phone Number (required) - the PSTN/GSM phone number of the logger
- Provider (SIM) (required) - the network provider for the above phone number / logger
- GC - select if using an INTERNAL GC phone number (e.g. 001234)
- GC EXTERNAL - select if using an EXTERNAL GC/BT phone number (e.g. 01332123456)
- O2 - select if using a UK O2 GSM SIM
- VODAFONE - select if using a UK Vodafone GSM SIM
- BT MOBILE - select if using a BT Mobile GSM SIM (Northern Ireland only)
- Start Polling - select the day & time to start contacting the logger for data
- Then Every - select the period at which to contact the logger (usually hour)
- Actions - select the actions to perform when contacting the logger;
- Ping logger - obtain site name / version of the logger
- Set system time - synchronises the logger's clock with the current time (from NTP)
- Download hour files - download event data from the logger for replay
- Check system log - download and alert on system log from the logger
- Click OK.
Adding a Mimosa Logger (TX or TXL) to a Site
Before you can add a mimosa logger to a site the logger must have been installed and configured and have network connectivity.
Once your logger is installed then navigate to the "TX Admin" tab within Centrix and select the "New/Init (XXX)" tab. This will show you a list of new loggers that have not yet been configured within Centrix. Find your logger in the list and click it'saction button. Click the "Actions" drop down in the dialog that pops up and choose "Change Site". Find the site you wish to assign the logger to and click "OK". If you see any errors messages now then it is likely that the logger is misconfigured, otherwise you are nearly done - close the pop-up dialog.
The last setup is to tell Centrix to start accepting data from the logger. Click the logger'sbutton and choose "Normal". The logger should now appear in the list of loggers underneath the "Normal" tab.
To search for a site by name;
- Type the partial name of the site in the Filter Name... text box (top right of the sites page)
- Any site name that contains the given text will be matched
- The listing will filter as you type
- To clear the search, delete the text from the filter box
To show all sites within a specific group;
- Type the partial name of the group in the Filter Group... text box (top right of the sites page)
- Press Enter or click the group you want to show sites for
- The listing will update to show only sites from the selected group
- To clear the filter, delete the group name from the filter box